(Please click on the link below for more information)
Maternity and Fertility Reflexology
Food Intolerance Testing
Diet and Nutritional Advice
Bach Flower remedies
The Balanced WEIGHT LOSS
& NUTRITION Course
Relaxation Music CD
PAY WITH PAYPAL
Food Intolerance Testing
What are Intolerances?
An intolerance is an over reaction of the body's immune system in its efforts to protect the body against something that it perceives to be a threat. The immune system is programmed to seek out and destroy viruses, bacteria, toxic chemicals and so on. Unfortunately not all immune systems function perfectly all the time. Sometimes imbalances occur that cause it to react to harmless substances as if they were harmful. Part of this reaction involves the release of excessive histamine which can cause inflammation. This in turn can lead to tissue damage and the definitive symptoms of allergies and intolerances.
Symptoms associated with intolerances
- Headaches & Migraines
- Eye conditions – light sensitivity, blurred vision, eye pain
- Ear Conditions – ear infections, glue ear
- Cardiovascular – high or low blood pressure, palpitations
- Gastrointestinal – bloating, constipation, diarrhoea, indigestion, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pains, food cravings
- Respiratory – asthma, shortness of breath, rhinitis, sinus congestion, hayfever
- Urological – bed wetting, frequent urination
- Muscular-skeletal – arthritis, back and neck ache, muscle and joint pain
- Dermatological – eczema, psoriasis, rashes, acne, puffiness or shadows under the eyes
- Mental and Behavioural – anxiety, depression, fatigue, dizzy spells, hyperactivity, learning disorders, insomnia
- General – body odour, excessive sweating, bad breath, hypoglycaemia, fluid retention, weight problems
How can they be tested for?
I use a technique called Kinesiology to test for intolerances. I use this form of testing because in my experience it has proved to be the most accurate and sensitive.
Kinesiology uses the strength of various muscles to indicate how efficiently vital energy is flowing through the body. Because a muscle cannot work properly if its energy source is blocked, a kinesiologist can ascertain which substances the body finds harmful to its health by the way in which they interfere with proper muscle function. Thus, in simplified terms, a substance to which the body is intolerant will cause the muscle to weaken.
What will be Tested
In the initial 1 hour consultation I will test, if relevant
- a wide selection of foods
- alternatives to foods that need to be avoided (goat's milk, spelt flour, etc)
- artificial food additives such as colours, preservatives, flavour enhancers and sweeteners
- skin and hair products
- washing powders and fabric softeners
- tap water and chlorine
- air fresheners
- feathers and animal fur
- car, diesel and aeroplane fumes
- industrial chemicals
- Candida Albicans yeast
- many other substances that I think may be relevant to your symptoms
I will advise you on which of these substances to avoid and give you advice on alternatives with which to replace them. I will also give you general dietary guidelines on the best way to eat for your symptoms. The initial consultation will be followed by a half hour follow up consultation in which I retest the foods and other substances that you have been avoiding and advise you on which are safe to reintroduce into you diet.
- 1 hour initial consultation £80