Hopi Ear Candling
Hopi Ear Candles is an ancient and natural therapy handed down to the modern world via the Native American Hopi Indians of North Arizona.
How do Hopi Ear Candles Work?
The candles are made from the high quality, natural ingredients of unbleached cotton, beeswax, sage and chamomile. The candle is placed in the ear forming a seal and the other end is then lit and held in place by the therapist. The burning flame produces a vibrational effect on the inner ear and eardrum encouraging impurities, residue and wax to be released. This also encourages the release of secretions in the frontal and paranasal sinuses.
What are Hopi Ear Candles used for?
Ear candles are believed to be of benefit for almost all ear, nose and throat conditions, especially……..
- Excessive or compacted wax in the ears
- Glue Ear
- Sinus problems and Rhinitis
- Flying discomfort and popping ears
- Hayfever and other allergies
- Vertigo and Menier's disease
- Headaches and Migraine
- Temporal Mandibular Joint pain (clicking jaw)
- Stress and Relaxation
What cannot be treated with Hopi Ear Candles?
- Perforation or lack of eardrum
- Grommets, ventilation tubes or auricular drains
- Children under 12 months old
- Inflammation or infection of the ear (wait to finish antibiotics before candling)
- Recent ear surgery
- Auricular cysts
- Acute mastoiditis
- Otosclerosis or Otospongiosis
- Ear Tumour
(If you are in doubt about any of these conditions or problems you may have with your ear or if you are taking medication for an ear condition, pleased consult your GP before booking a treatment)
Hopi Ear Candles only (1/2 hour) £40
Hopi Ear Candles with head and sinus massage (1/2 hour) £40